According to Tech Crunch Megavideo, a video site based out of Hong Kong, is trying to compete with YouTube, saying they are better for ten reasons. These reason are as follows:
- Video publishers can earn money through a rewards program
- Publishers can also earn money through AdBrite in-video advertisements
- Users can move the playback position to anywhere in the video
- The website supports twenty languages
- The video player can be customized to match the designs of websites where you want to embed
- There is no maximum playtime for video uploads
- Video conversion takes no more than 30 minutes
- Videos can be uploaded in batch
- Original video files can be downloaded
- Megavideo loves you more than YouTube
Instead of taking money for banner ads, that the site has none of, they are trying to make money from charging the users. If you want a more premium set up you can upload up to 5GB of video for a monthly fee. The premium members are also allowed to download video to keep.
I wonder what the other users who are not paying th premium price will think about them downloading their videos. I wouldn’t want that and even if I were a premium member I would want more than 5GB.